The Welsh Language (Wales) Measure 2011 was passed by the National Assembly for Wales on 7 December 2010, and received royal assent from Her Majesty the Queen on 9 February 2011.
- declares that the Welsh language has official status in Wales;
- created the Welsh Language Commissioner post.
It establishes the following:
- Welsh Language Partnership Council
- Advisory Panel for the Welsh Language Commissioner
- Welsh Language Tribunal
It also makes provision for:
- promoting and facilitating the use of the Welsh language and treating Welsh no less favourably than English;
- Welsh language standards, including duties to comply with those Standards and rights arising from the enforceability of those Standards;
- investigating interferences with the freedom to use the Welsh language.