In Wales, you should be able to live your life through the medium of Welsh.
The Commissioner promotes and facilitates opportunities to use the Welsh language.
This includes ensuring that you are able to receive services in Welsh from public organisations in Wales.
From time-to-time things can go wrong. It is part of the Commissioner’s work to investigate those cases.
There are no costs associated with making a complaint to the Welsh Language Commissioner and all cases will be considered carefully.
You have the right to:
- make a complaint if there is a suspicion that an organisation is failing to comply with Welsh language standards;
- make a complaint if there is a suspicion that an organisation is failing to comply with its Welsh language scheme;
- make an application to the Welsh Language Commissioner to rule on an allegation of interference with the freedom to use the Welsh language.
You have the freedom to use the Welsh language with other individuals in Wales. This means that no-one should:
- prevent you from communicating in Welsh with another individual;
- say that you will suffer in some way because you and another individual want to communicate in Welsh.
If this has happened to you, you can make an application asking the Commissioner to investigate what happened.