Welsh language standards and Welsh language schemes explain how organisations are required to use and consider the Welsh language in various situations:
- When providing services to other people;
- When formulating, reviewing, or revising policies;
- In the workplace;
- Providing staff with opportunities to use and develop their Welsh language skills;
- When dealing with complaints;
- Promoting the use of the Welsh language;
- Ensuring that there are robust monitoring and record keeping arrangements in place.
The Commissioner ensures that the rights which arise from these duties are implemented.